[ODE] stack requirements

David McClurg dmcclurg at pandemicstudios.com.au
Mon Jul 22 18:21:02 2002

In the debugger I find that with 40 bodies, dWorldStep() is taking 256K of memory (which I've switched to using dStack) to get down to dInternalStepIsland_x2().  That means about 6k per body.

All my ode bodies are spheres!  I'm trying to create a ball simulation where the balls can lie around, roll, and bump into each other.  I expected dSpaceCollide() to be the memory hog and not dWorldStep().  Is there anything I can do to reduce the memory requirements of dWorldStep()?