[ODE] ODE mentioned in Slashdot talkback comment

Adam Rotaru adam_rotaru at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 25 11:53:02 2002

  Not terribly newsworthy, but Russ and ODE was
mentioned
in a user talkback on Slashdot.  On Friday there was a
posting
about a CNN article on Petros Faloutsos' work on
control for
simulated physics-based characters.  I found the
article
very shallow and somewhat misleading.  In any case,
the
*first* user comment mentioned ODE favorably.
Maybe it was someone from this list!
--adam

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/02/22/174207&mode=nested

This is lame by comparison
by Dan D. on Friday February 22, @06:07PM (Score:3,
Interesting) (#3054881)
(User #10998 Info) http://paradox.tosos.com/~duhprey [
Neutral ]

This guy http://www.q12.org/phd-movies.html did a
physical body
*and* made it walk with artificial controls. (And he's
developed
a library for the physics called ODE which makes doing
a body
falling down stairs about a days work, maybe half.)
People who quote themselves bug the crap out of me --
Me.