[ODE] Extracting accelerations

Ruud van Gaal ruud at marketgraph.nl
Fri Feb 22 05:35:02 2002

Hi all,

I was wondering, for controlling external platforms and possibly also just
regular FF wheels, how it would be possible to extract acceleration info
from ODE?
Right now I'm just using the total body force to calculate linear
accelerations (F=m*a), but for angular (torque) accelerations I'm not too
sure, since gyroscopic effects prevent me from doing something simple like:
rotational_angular_acc_x=torque_x/inertia_x.

The question then is: does anybody have an idea how to extract the full
acceleration (linear and angular) from ODE? Possibly also for a point on the
body that is not the CG.

Thanks,
Ruud