[ODE] Problem with hinge

Thomas Harte thomasharte at lycos.co.uk
Fri Dec 27 09:39:02 2002

--=_NextPart_Lycos_0327551041007064_ID

>My "hinge code" looks like this:
> dJointSetHingeAxis    (m_hinge, 0.9, 1,
>1);
>Where must be the exact postion of the axis ? (I
>thought that the vector between the anchor position
>and the axis position is the axis, but it seems
>not...)

No, the value sent to dJoingSetHingeAxis is the axis itself. So, for the y axis, pass :

dJoingSetHingeAxis(m_hinge, 0, 1, 0);

The point of the anchor is that otherwise the objects will be forced to remain attached to
the axis, but will slide freely along the axis irrespective of each other's position. The
anchor prevents this.

I'm fairly sure that you do not need to update these values at every time step, ODE will
worry about movements of the axis due to combined body movement itself.

-Thomas

When words aren't enough - Vodafone live! A new world of colour, sounds, picture messages and information on your mobile. <a href="http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;4909903;7724245;q?http://www.vodafone.co.uk/live">
Click here</a> to find out more.

--=_NextPart_Lycos_0327551041007064_ID--