[ODE] Re: trilist strategy

Gary R. Van Sickle g.r.vansickle at worldnet.att.net
Fri Dec 13 01:14:02 2002

> On Wed Dec 11 22:40:02 2002, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:

[snip]

> In other words, neither an ODE box geom nor a
> triangle mesh
> geom would work well if you have objects falling at immense speeds towards the
> ground. With boxes, you can make them thicker to help prevent this, or you can
> use a plane (which is infinitely "thick").

What about doing all collision with separating planes?  Can that kill both birds
(tunneling and "wrong-side-ejection") with the same stone?  You'd have infinite
insides and outsides which are easy to test against, wouldn't have to keep as
much state around, detection and resolution use the same constructs...?  I think
you pretty much need convex decompositions to do it easily though.  Or could you
get by with convex patches instead?

Hmmm.  Why is nothing ever easy? ;-)

--
Gary R. Van Sickle