[ODE] machine locking up hard when running tests

Royce Mitchell III Royce Mitchell III <royce3 at ev1.net>
Fri Dec 13 00:42:02 2002

Hi,

I just downloaded .3 and compiled ODE with Visual C++ 6 & 7.

In both of them, the app runs for a few seconds, and then
everything but the mouse stops responding. Then, a few
seconds later, the computer beeps and the mouse stops moving
as well. At this point I have to do a hard reboot.

Seeing as I have been playing with applications that use ODE.
For example: Monster Mayhem and the Freefall Buggy Demo, I don't
think it's the ODE engine itself causing the problem. My guess
is the problem must be the drawstuff library.

I have an ATI Radeon 8500 with the latest drivers on an AMD Duron
850 w/ 256MB running Windows 2000 SP2.

Any ideas what might be causing this? I want to use ODE to build
a game demo so I can finally land a job in the industry.

Thanks,

Royce3