[ODE] Need help about ODE in association with an external collider (OPCODE, RAPIDE, SOLID, ...)

Frederic Marmond fmarmond at eprocess.fr
Wed Dec 11 01:10:02 2002

Hi,

I'm working on an experimental world-generator project
(http://knworld.sourceforge.net (only a terrain prototype downloadable
for the moment)), and I'm thinking about the next feature that will be
dynamics.

I use OpenSceneGraph for the 3D graph, and I've not already choose a
collider (i think it will be Opcode, but if someone gives me good
reasons to choose an other, i'll switch!)

My question is:
can anybody help me (sample, info, tutorial link, tips, ...) about how I
can integrate the collider and ODE.

As my models are loaded from meshes, I think I just can't use the native
ODE collider (I may need triangle soap collider)

As far as I could see, Opcode, rapid and solid don't provide a good
support for physics, only give the triangles that collides...

thanks for help / suggestions / infos / gifts  (hey, christmas arrives! ;-))

Fred