[ODE] My project explodes in latest cvs ode

Benny Benny <benny at kramekweb.com>
Sat Dec 7 13:30:02 2002

> This is probably completely off - but is it possible that you have TReal
now
> set as single, where it was double before (or vice versia)?

No that isn't it. :(
I did figure out what the problem is though. It seems that the Geometry
Transform Class, or how ODE deals with it changed. The following used to
work but doesn't seem to work with current CVS:

- Create a geom box called E. (Don't put it in any space)
- Create a Transform geom called T. (Don't put it
in any space)
- Set the position of E
- Encapsulate the box in the transform geom
- Set a body for T
* call dCollide() with T and a different geom. This doesn't seem to produce
the correct contact info.

It used to work with the cvs from september. I know that ode had a major
change to the collision detection code. Maybe some of the data was moved out
of the transform geom itself and into a space, and since I'm not using a
space I'm having problems?

Thanks,
Benny Kramek