[ODE] Help with building under CygWin - SOLVED

Tom Maciukenas tommaciukenas at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 4 13:10:02 2002

> > 1. edit config/makefile.cygwin
> > 2. add '-lstdc++' to the LINK_OPENGL line:
>
>good solution. i've made this change in CVS. the question is, though,
>why do only newer versions of cygwin exhibit this problem? older
>versions, and gcc on other platforms, link just fine with gcc.

I wondered about that too, but I am new to cygwin (downloaded it
solely to build ode), so I don't know much about it.

The message I found on the web about this build problem is here:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2002-03/msg00080.html

If you check the follow-ups to that message, they talk about
"modern C++ syntax" and using '#include <iostream>' instead
of '#include <iostream.h>'.  Perhaps something changed about
they way to use iostream in a recent version of cygwin or
gcc?

-Tom