[ODE] Problem with rolling sphere...

James Myers espmiii at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 3 15:35:03 2002

I am having a similar problem.  I read in the archives
that you need to add a force opposite to travel
direction because (for example) a pool ball will
actually be losing energy due to squashing the carpet
as it rolls along.  This effect is not simulated
automatically.
I tried several variations, then one that works best
for me is to add a force of about
-(.08*dBodyGetLinearVelocity) per tick, but the
spheres tend to roll somewhat off course as they slow
down.

James

--- Charles Ingalls <charles.ingalls@freesbee.fr>