[ODE] Disappearing boxes.

Nate W coding at natew.com
Mon Aug 26 13:31:02 2002

On Sun, 25 Aug 2002, don wrote:

> I have a small test program with two boxes (0.5 per side) connected
> with a slider joint.  The boxes are placed on the ground plane, and
> for several steps, sit there fine, then suddenly they vanish.

I have seen stuff very much like what you describe, but unfortunately I
don't recall what solved the problem.  So, I make no promises, but here's
a couple things you could try...

Try setting ERP to 0.9 and/or set CFM to 0.1.  This will result in a very
'squishy' simulation, but that squishyness sometimes helps with
instability problems.

Start the simulation with both boxes slightly above the ground plane, say
0.1 units up.

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA