[ODE] - Sphere-Cylinder Collision in Demos?

John Shedletsky shedletsky at stanford.edu
Mon Aug 26 07:11:01 2002

Hello,

	Happily, I was able to figure out my last ODE-related problem (it was just
some boneheaded typo...). I was wondering about something else, though...
Is cylinder(capped or otherwise)-box collision detection working in the
current release of ODE? The docs lead me to believe so, but in the ODE demo
(box_stack) that lets you drop different primitives onto a plane, the
cylinders pass right through the boxes and vice versa. It seems like
cylinder-sphere collision works, though. So I was kind of confused. I'm
working on a little game wherein the player will be driving a pickup truck
through a surreal landscape, and I want to be able to pile cylinders into
the truck. So I was just wondering if it I'm going to be able to do that
(without cheating somehow).

Thanks,
John Shedletsky