[ODE] New stuff

Martin C. Martin martin at metahuman.org
Sun Aug 18 16:50:02 2002

Because the ray isn't an ODE geom (unless I missed something), it isn't
part of the regular collision and dynamics system in ODE.  It could be
used, e.g. in a shooting game to see what a bullet hits, or when someone
click on a screen to find out which object is clicked on.  Sometimes you
want to find out the 3D location of where the hit happens.  You can
compute that from this "penetration depth."

Perhaps calling it penetration depth is confusing?  Maybe it should be
renamed?

Just a thought,
Martin