[ODE] directplay

don don_reid at attbi.com
Sat Aug 3 14:57:01 2002

> Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 02:22:43 -0700 (PDT)
> From: pia dalusong <ps_yumemi@yahoo.com>
> Subject: [ODE] directplay
>
> hi,
>
> i am have a problem understanding the threads involved
> in ode.  i need to know the flow of the program like
> how dsPlatformSimLoop calls th fn functions and how it
> all goes with dsSimulationLoop.  I am currently
> creating a networked version of an ode program and I'm
> having problems when to call simulate and all that
> stuff.  I am using DirectPlay8 Peer connection for the
> network connections.
>
> please help.

I'm new to ODE, so I may be missing something here, but: For the Linux/X11
version I am using, there are no threads, everthing is a single execution
chain.

dsSimulationLoop calls dsPlatformSimLoop which calls dsDrawFrame which
calls fn->step which the top level program has filled in with its
simLoop function.

So unless you have a very different platform package, you need to
do any multitasking stuff above ode/drawstuff.

Don Reid