[ODE] Torque: Bug in 0.025, apparently fixed in CVS

Russ Smith russ at q12.org
Sat Nov 24 13:10:02 MST 2001

> I am convinced. There WAS a bug in ode-0.025. It is fixed in the
> current CVS version. Russ, maybe you could look at this and make sure
> that the bug has been intentionally and completely fixed, and that
> this is not just a lucky conicidence?

i've just checked - you are correct. yes - there WAS a bug in 0.025
and it WAS intentionally fixed. this is exactly what CVS is good at:
look at the differences between revision 1.14 and 1.15 in ode.cpp:

  http://q12.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ode/ode/src/ode.cpp.diff?r1=1.14&r2=1.15&f=H

the dBodyAddRelForce() and dBodyAddRelTorque() functions were both
changed to use R instead of R^T. the change log mentions bug fixes.
v0.025 of ODE uses r1.10 of ode.cpp, so that bug was fixed after that
release.

embarrassing. sorry ruud!

the lesson here is that v0.025 is getting seriously old, don't use it
anymore. it should not be the default "stable" release that people
download. i should maybe make a v0.029 from the latest CVS ... ?

note that now all fixed bugs are entered into the changelog and also
posted on this list. hopefully we wont have too many more problems
with old bugs.

russ.

--
Russell Smith