[ODE] CVS repository available

Russ Smith russ at q12.org
Tue Nov 20 16:25:02 MST 2001

> dContact is a true ODE-dynamics (non-collision-library) structure,
> but  it references dContactGeom, which in turn references dGeomID,
> which is the core class of the collision detection engine.  That is
> the dependency. I know that this reference is not currently made use
> of;

the dGeomID references are needed for dCollide to report colliding
geoms to its caller. the caller may not always know what geoms are
colliding together, e.g. if two groups are being collided. a 3rd party
collision library can generate dContacts and simply set the dGeomIDs to
0, or ignore them. pehaps those two pointers could be made into void*s
or something.

--
Russell Smith
http://www.q12.org