[ODE] Re: ODE: Copying that darn .RES file under windows

Alex Holkner xander at yifan.net
Tue Nov 13 23:40:01 MST 2001

> Leaf Garland wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > apologies for mailing this to your personal mail rather than the list
> > but I haven't time to join the list at the moment.
> >
> > The error messages that happen under windows when building ODE are
> > not in fact due to the DIRSEP variable but due to there not being an
> > actual copy.exe file within the system (at least on Windows 2000) the
> > copy command is builtin in to the command processor. One fix is to
> > change the COPY_CMD variable to xcopy (xcopy is a slightly enhanced
> > version of copy) in Makefile.win32, since there should be a xcopy.exe
> > file on most windows systems.

When building under cygwin (which I think your instructions recommend) you
are using the BASH shell, so DIRSEP should be '/' and COPY_CMD should be
'cp'.. I have made several successful builds with the last two lines of
Makefile.win32 and Makefile.win32gcc changed to:

COPY_CMD=cp
DIRSEP:=$(strip /)

Alex.