[ODE] Re: LCP

Adam Moravanszky amoravanszky at dplanet.ch
Sat Nov 10 11:57:02 MST 2001

> so what exactly did you do? ODE needs a non-LCP friction model for
> those people who need the extra speed and are willing to spend more
> time tweaking for stability.

It does just what I told you:
After the LCP computes the force-solution for the frictionless world, add
friction forces in the direction of sliding based on the average contact
forces per contact surface, for dynamic friction.  Static friction adds a
force to cancel out the contact force tangential to the surface, while this
is below a certain threshold.   That is all there is to it.  I'm glad you
think this could be useful, so I'll transfer it to ODE along with all the
other useful parts  my engine.

--
-- Adam Moravanszky
http://n.ethz.ch/student/adammo/