[ODE] shivers

Russ Smith russ at q12.org
Tue Nov 6 20:18:01 MST 2001

Shaul Kedem wrote:
> Hi,
>  Checked the latest snapshot (4/11) test_boxstack with
> NUM 100 (this looks like a good check) and although
> everything starts ok, when I stack all of the boxes
> some of the boxes starts shivering, almost never
> popping but shivering.

the "shivering" problem is caused by the fact that box-box collisions
presently only result in a maximum of one contact point per pair.
when the boxes are stacked on top of each other (face-to-face) this is
not enough to keep things still.

improved box-box collision is near the top of the (long) to-do list.

russ.

--
Russell Smith
http://www.q12.org