[ODE] Re: Mac OS X progress

Russ Smith russ at q12.org
Sun Nov 4 19:27:01 MST 2001

eli curtz wrote:
> I've signed up on the mailing list, but it doesn't seem like there's
> a CVS server set up yet so I'm just mailing you stuff. I've got OS X
> up and am working on the conversion - I'm sending you a
> Makefile.macosx to start, but it's a work in progress.

thanks very much. BTW i CCed this reply to the list.

> Unfortunately there's no <malloc.h> in this system so a bunch of
> files are going to need to be changed to:
>
> #ifndef __APPLE__
> #include <malloc.h>
> #endif

grrrr. this sort of this is why we need a proper configuration
management/build system.

> I've got a really nasty hacked together version of DrawStuff running,
> but it will be a while still before that is ready to send.

hopefully my OpenGL code is somewhat portable .. ?

> Also you mentioned wanting me to run the Optimization stuff, but I
> haven't figured out how to get that working yet - those are Perl
> scripts, right?

yes. maybe i should write some docs about that. those OptimizeXXX
scripts assume a GCC compiler right now - they need to be made
much more portable.

russ.

--
Russell Smith