[ODE] Re: couple of things

Russ Smith russ at q12.org
Sat Nov 3 13:58:02 MST 2001

Shaul Kedem wrote:

> Hi,
>  I don't want to get the mailing list full of garbage,
> so I am e-mailing this directly:

no, even minor problems should be posted to the list, because you
can guarantee than other people are having them too.

> 1. the pre .03 tgz can't be open in my machine, can
> you please zip the tree? I am sure you can automate
> that in some way.

please try WinZip on windows, this can open the .tgz archives.

> 2. the linker option that changes the stack size is
> /Stack:<num in bytes>, I compiled everything again
> with size of 8192000 and now it works! well, to the
> point in which the process utilize 100% of my CPU and
> stops rendering :) . when using 200 boxes, how much
> space does o(n^2) takes?

good question, i have never measured it. do this: capture the stack
pointer at the end of the dInternalStepIsland_x2 function, then
compare it with the SP in main. get the SP with this function:

  void *grabStackPtr ()
  {
    int a;
    return &a;
  }

> 3. weird things happens when I drop many boxes one on
> top of the other (test_boxstack version 0.025) - it
> starts acting like popcorn, boxes are landing into
> place, start shivering like mad and then pop into the
> air... I am not going to offer my educated guess here,
> but it looks strange (not "physically accurate").

first off, use the latest snapshot because some bugs have been fixed.
i will post another snapshot today or tomorrow that fixes the
actual bug that causes this problem.

russ.

--
Russell Smith