[ODE] hexapod walking example

Nate W coding at natew.com
Fri Dec 28 03:03:02 2001

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Nate W wrote:

> That feedback function is something I expect to be adding to my app in a
> day or two.  If that doesn't work for my app, I am considering integrating
> the error over time, so the feedback function will have a proportional
> term and an integral term, like this:
>
> prop_error = (desired_position - actual_position)
> int_error = int_error + prop_error
> torque = (prop_gain * prop_error) + (int_gain * int_error)

The second of those three lines should have been:

int_error = int_error + (prop_error * time_since_last_iteration)

Or, you could go for a true PID function, in which case I'm all ears.
Something about that approach eludes me, I tried to use it in a previous
project but I wasn't able to get it to work well at all.

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA