[ODE] Stuff

Erwin de Vries erwin at vo.com
Mon Dec 24 09:13:01 2001

Hi Russ,

Today i started looking at ODE again so i can upgrade our engine with the
newest version. I came across a few things..

1) Would it be able to change the docs to do:

<LI><A href="#ref3">1.2. New

instead of:

<LI><A href="http://www.q12.org/ode/ode-latest-userguide.html#ref3">1.2. New

?

That makes offline browsing far easier, and also saves some bandwidth. I
currently did a replace all on these lines to make it work.

2) Should the GeomGroup have a cleanupmode as the GeomTransform has?

3) What happens when we add the same geometry to multiple GeomGroups? And
multiple GeomTransforms? Judging from the sources i'd say its only a problem
when 2 GeomTransforms encapsulating the same geometry would be colliding. It
would be possible to handle that case seperately in a dCollideTT function,
and detect this, but would there be a solution?

Thanks,
Erwin