[ODE] Re: Package Comparisons

John D. Gwinner jgwinner at dazsi.com
Wed Dec 19 13:06:02 2001

Good comparision, thanks.

You're probably right about the approach.  Friction would be an issue, I
think, I would definitly need friction.

I could probably work on the collision detection in ODE, but the
constraint solvers may be a bit beyond me - however, ithe source is
already in Dynamo, and if legally I can merge the sources, I might be
able to work on that, but I doubt I'll have much time (I'm doing this on
'off hours').

One thing I'm worried about is that the new POVRay has not only CSG, but
also procedural surfaces.  Decomposing this could be a chore.  Still,
for an initial version the primitive's in ODE should be fine.

Watching a few glass sphere's falling down and knocking over some cubes,
with full radiosity and ray tracing would be impressive.

               == John ==