[ODE] the order of joint creation does matter

Gildas BAYARD Gildas.BAYARD at poleia.lip6.fr
Wed Dec 12 03:32:01 2001

Hello,

It looks to me that the order in which joints are initialized does matter.

For my hexapod, I make all the bodies and then start to join them together.
At first I did not pay attention to the order in which they were initialized
and I had a bug (the animat was making strange moves on first frames).
Then I tried different orders and I found out that the order does matter a
lot.

It seems that I found a stable order initializing peripheral joints first but
this behaviour surprises me. Is joint creation order supposed to make a
difference?

Gildas