[ODE] dCollideBP question

Russ Smith russ at q12.org
Sat Dec 8 22:54:01 2001

> I looked through the ode code and got to the dCollideBP function.
> In it there is a macro "BAR(ctact,side,sideinc)" that say if depth <
> 0 then set ret to 1 and quit. But that macro is also called after you
> have created collision point 2. Doesn't that mean that if you request
> 3 collision points but he only finds 2 he will just return with 1 or
> have I missed something?

hi,

no you haven't missed anything - you found a real bug. oops.
thanks very much! i have (hopefully) fixed it, and i checked in the
new geom.cpp. view the changes at:

http://q12.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ode/ode/src/geom.cpp.diff?r1=1.30&r2=1.31&f=H

FYI, i verified the fix with the test_boxstack app - uncommenting
lines 87,88,89 and 93 will draw little blue boxes at the contact
points, which is very useful for debugging this kind of thing.

russ.

--
Russell Smith
http://www.q12.org